The registration period of the 2015 competition has ended!
Find the entries for the 2015 competition here
Find all entries 2001-2015 here
Open international contest of go promotional projects
Announcement and invitation to submit Go projects
Dear Go friends,
We are happy to announce the World Wide Iwamoto Awards. In succession to the European editions, the Iwamoto Awards now go global. Thanks to internet and social media, the world has become smaller, so we think it is time to invite people on a global scale to submit Go promotion projects. The contest has been organized in Europe in the years 2001, 2003, 2007 and 2012 by the European Go Centre.You can have a look here to see the submissions of previous editions of the Iwamoto Awards. We will also publish the 2015 projects on our website.The European Iwamoto Awards were much appreciated by the contributors, the EGF and the Nihon Ki-in. Therefore we want to extend the project and improve some features.
Goal of the Iwamoto Awards
How does it work?
- For the best project: 1st prize of €1.000
- For up to 2 projects: an encouragement prize of €500
The jury consists of:
- Yuki Shigeno, 2p, Nihon Ki-in, Japan
- Ting Li, 1p Kansai Ki-in, Chinese and EGF Board member
- Chihyung Nam, 2p Korea
- Fernando Aguilar, 7d, South America
- Chris Welsh, Secretary of the South African Go Association
- Albert Fenech, Europe (France), winner of the first European Iwamoto Awards in 2001
- Andy Okun, President of the American Go Association
- Australia: David Ormerod
About the organization